Canine Animal Care Team Leader
- Part Time role (29.5 hours with weekend work required)
- Challenging and rewarding role
- Variety guaranteed
- Maternity Leave Cover
SPCA Canterbury is one of the leading animal welfare organisations in New Zealand. We are looking for a positive and motivated Canine Team leader to join our team.
- Develop and maintain a canine enrichment programme.
- Ensure smooth running of the canine behaviour team.
- Ensure that staff and volunteers are focused on achieving the mission and operational priorities of the centre.
- Support the Operations Manager with the completion of annual staff performance reviews and 1-2-1’s.
- Undertake animal attendant duties when required.
Qualifications & experience
- Previous staff leadership experience is essential and/or the potential to develop staff leadership skills to a high competency level.
- A certificate in Animal Care (or equivalent) is a minimum requirement.
- One year's experience in the animal care/welfare industry is desirable.
- Experience in handling dogs, preferably in a kenneling environment.
- Confidence in handling companion animals displaying a range of temperaments.
- Experience in Animal drug administration.
- 1 + years’ experience working within a retail or customer service role
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- The ability to professionally motivate and develop staff to enhance the capability of the branch.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and have the ability to defuse conflict over the phone and in person.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on high quality of care.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – Communicate effectively with customers, employees and volunteers.
- Ability to manage confidential information with responsibility and integrity.
- Ability to be flexible in approach to work and challenges.
- Physically fit and able to work outside in often uncomfortable working conditions.
To register your interest in this position, please forward your covering letter and CV to; firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm 20th February 2017.
Click here for a more detailed Position Description.