Volunteer and Foster Support
- Permanent part-time position 20 hours (Thursday-Saturday)
- Challenging and rewarding role
- Professional development opportunities
- Ability to work extra hours
SPCA Canterbury is one of the leading animal welfare organisations in New Zealand. We are looking for a positive and motivated Volunteer and Foster Support person who would relish the opportunity to work within our vibrant, supportive and friendly team – based at the Animal Centre in Wilmer’s Road, Christchurch.
Responsibilities (not a complete list)
- Develop, implement and maintain a programme that enables the centre to have access to suitably trained and sufficient numbers of volunteers and fosterers.
- Policy development, review, implementation and continuous improvement of the volunteer programme
- Commitment to ongoing recruitment and screening of volunteers with the aim of long term retention and sustainability
- Coordinate and conduct volunteer inductions
- Support the Volunteer Coordinator with a wide range of tasks
Qualifications & experience
- Experience in coordinating or supervising volunteers
- A certificate in Animal Care or equivalent is required
- Data entry and computer literacy experience
- Livestock and Companion animal handling skills are required
- Full driver’s license and confident driving a manual vehicle
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Confidence in public speaking/training.
- Strengths in accuracy, precision and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to inspire, motivate and encourage team development.
- Ability to work effectively without supervision and effectively prioritise daily tasks.
- Ability to manage confidential information with responsibility and integrity.
- Ability to be flexible in approach to work and challenges.
- A high standard of honesty and integrity.
- Physically fit and able to work outside in often uncomfortable working conditions.
For a copy of a detailed position description, please email email@example.com.
To register your interest in this position, please email your CV and covering letter to; firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm Wednesday 17th May 2017.