The welfare of your beloved companion is extremely important to us. We want to ensure we can provide a safe, comfortable and clean environment for all our guests.
It is for this reason that we have strict "Terms and Conditions" which must be adhered to by all guests/owners. If you have any queries regarding these, please contact us.
Boarding Requirements - Terms and Conditions
- All dogs must be registered with their local Council and the registration number provided at the time of boarding. Tags must also be worn at all times.
- All dogs must have up to date vaccinations. This includes vaccinations for: Kennel Cough, Distemper, Hepatitis and Parvovirus within 12 months of booking date, or within 3 years, if a Veterinarian has recommended this. You must bring your dog's vaccination booklet with you when checking your dog into our Centre.
- We will not accept any bitch in season. In the unlikely event that this occurs during your dog’s stay, we reserve the right to contact your emergency contact/agent to arrange alternate boarding.
- For health reasons we will not accept any small dogs over the age of 12, large dogs over the age of 10 or any puppies under the age of 16 weeks, unless by prior approval.
- We will not accept any dog that is/has showed signs of aggression. If this happens during your stay we will contact your emergency contact/agent to make immediate arrangements for the dog.
- We reserve the right to make suitable arrangements for any pet left in our care 14 days after the due collection date, if no contact is made by the owner or owner's agent.
- If your dog needs veterinary attention, surgery, or care - you (the pet owner) must meet all relative costs, including transport to/from the vet clinic. We use Hornby Veterinary Clinic.
- All charges are on a per night basis, payment can be made when collecting your pet.
- We reserve the right to decline entry to any dog deemed too unwell to be in a boarding environment. In this case, we would recommend contacting your local Veterinarian to discuss other boarding options. If your dog(s) become unwell during their stay we will contact your nominated emergency contact/agent who will be able to make all decisions regarding your animal on your behalf, including euthanasia.
- We have a 24 hour cancellation/change of date policy. If less than 24 hours notice is given, all booked nights will be charged.
- During the Christmas/New Year’s period (10th December – 10th January) we require a $100 deposit to be paid in full by the 10th of November. All public holidays will require a surcharge of $5 per pen.
- I authorise SPCA Canterbury to retain my contact details for the purpose of receiving regular updates from the organisation. I understand that I can opt out at any time.
We consider our facilities and management practices to be of the highest standard, therefore the very best professional care will be given to your pet. However, we can accept NO responsibility for illness, injury, death or loss, for any reason whatsoever.